Monday 16 November 2009

Day 6

Didn't quite want to get out today but reckoned a bit of a jog would give me some energy. Also the stupid software I'm learning had missing files and I spent a good 1/2 hour trying to find them, so thought I should get out before I hurled my laptop out the window...

Forecast storms tomorrow, you could see the weather changing. On the way to the Baths I saw this young girl 1/2 her dad's size pulling exactly what dad was pushing and dad was yelled at her (encouraging yelling?) when she let the surfcraft drop a little. He saw me staring (disapprovingly, probably) at him and then was a bit gentler with her, but she was really determined by then, bit her lip and just kept on going. Really strong spirit, she's going to kick some ass when she gets older.

There's a big swell pushing through, created some interesting situations at the Coogee Bath. People would arrive, get into the calm water and then a few minutes later a big set would come through and transform the bath into a foam bath. Everyone gets out straightaway, leaving the bath empty and the water calms down... and then the next group of people arrives :D

Coogee Reef and Wedding Cake Island is breaking, it's beyond my skill level but Coogee inside breach break would be worth sniffing around tomorrow. I hate crowds... Crickets singing outside, lightning storm has passed over. 6-legged wings fluttering past my forehead. Humid air.




No comments:

Post a Comment