Wednesday 18 November 2009

Day 8

Goddamn it's hot today. Actually it's not that bad, but lugging wet gear up a bunch of hills felt a little more difficult in 30+ degree weather at midday. Cookies and cream ice cream, salad and cold water tastes especially good today...

The waves are still around, working off this shallow reef off Gordon's Bay. I saw dolphins! But they disappeared when I sprinted up the point, I refuse to believe that I may have seen sharks with dorsal fins :p Visibility underwater was non-existant, I could barely see past my own feet and water was a little choppy. So just finned around clovelly for a bit, dodging seaweed, seagull feathers and sushi wrappers.

A young couple were using me as a human marker as they followed me from the swim from the deep end to the beach, it was quite funny. I should have started screaming "shark" and then disappear kicking and waving my arms as if being dragged underwater... but of course such genius ideas don't occur to me until after I get out of the water :p

Anyway the water will calm down next week..





No comments:

Post a Comment